Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Joy

Next month marks the (what I call) the two year point of where everything started to go to hell in a handbag. At least when I realized looking back, its where I thought everything started to fall apart.  Unbeknownst to me, it had started to unravel long before that. Before my son even turned 21, he will be 25 this summer.  When I had lunch with my son last week, he told me that he had already been shooting up before he turned 21 and that he was able to hide it really well because of how good of shape he was in and his veins hadn't yet collapsed. Holy hell!

My son was granted an extension by our insurance company to continue thru the end of the month in the facility where he is working on staying clean. I pray that they will grant another extension to make 90 days total of rehab; it will give him his best chance at staying on course. It is more than just the addiction, it also involves getting mentally healthy as well. This is just one of the many things I have learned on this journey.

My son looks good. He looks healthy. He sounds happy. He wants to go back to school. He says he wants to go to church. Yay! I seriously want to jump for joy...physically jump up and down with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment