Blog Archive

Friday, February 3, 2017

Hi Mom.

"Hi mom." Two simple words. The absolute best ones to hear when I answered the phone yesterday. Those two words were followed by even better words...."How are you? I just called to say hi".  My son also let me know that our insurance company approved an extension, which he was happy about. I am over the moon happy about it as this is what he needs to continue on his path of recovery. Recovery and continued sobriety.

Everything about this facility has been positive. Not once have I heard how much he hates it or how stupid the people are or that a couple of guys had been kicked out for using or even OD'ing.  This place doesn't put up with anyone's BS and if a client does try to be sneaky or whatever, they are immediately called out on it. Yay!! Finally!!

I think that most addicts know that if they can fool, manipulate, con, lie to someone they immediately lose any shred of respect they may have had and will take full advantage knowing they can get away with it. And not only that, but see just how far they can push the envelope....and when they get to that point, it's too late.  Thank God this facility refuses to play into any of that crap. By not allowing it, they have effectively earned the addict's respect. Go figure...



No comments:

Post a Comment