Blog Archive

Monday, April 10, 2017

Exhaustion

I am emotionally exhausted. So much so that yesterday that I felt like curling up in a ball in the dirt in my garden. I walked out there to clear my head and with the sun shining, I just wanted to lay down and sleep for days. NO such luck.

After waiting for over 2 hours at a Dr's appointment this morning, I came home to get my son up and out to rehab. NO such luck there either.  He pulled up his pants to show me an abscess the size of a baseball on his ankle. An angry, red baseball with white dots on it. Pure ugly infection. Off to urgent care for another 90 minute wait. While we were there it started to ooze. Yuck. A nurse came out and gauze/taped it up until he could be seen. Nothing back from rehab. No confirmation on a bed. I am not in charge of this; kind of making me a little crazy as its not happening in my time frame. After lancing and draining and whatever else they did we were off to the pharmacy to fill 2 prescriptions.

Finally, after multiple phone calls, he found a place about 2 hours away that can take him. It will be 4 hours in traffic. Ugh! I am now even more exhausted than I was yesterday. I am now certain I need a week of sleep to feel better. I wish. I am not one to sleep. Insomnia and I are good friends. The best.

Another phone call...they will have someone pick him up tomorrow morning at 10am.  I have a class tomorrow that I have to leave the house at 7am and won't be home until 5pm. More stress.  We will be having a family meeting tonight to make sure we are all on the same page.

I asked my son if he thought his infection was due to sharing needles. No. What then? Dirty heroin. I don't want to do this anymore. It's not worth it. Words from my son. I told him he needs to find his joy. His strength.  He agreed.

The joy of the Lord is my strength.    He will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment