Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Good Tears

So, my son called me yesterday...and he sounded really good!  He used words like PLEASE and THANK YOU!  It was awesome! He asked if I could PLEASE bring him some clothes as he only went in with barely a change of clothes. And THANK YOU. And I LOVE YOU...first.  It has been longer than I can remember that I heard these words without being reminded. I have good tears. REALLY good tears.

At lunch today with my husband my phone rang....the facility where he is currently going thru detox was the number that popped up on my caller ID. Oh hell, I thought, what now?!  It was my son again....asking could I PLEASE bring him some candy and cigarettes too?  PLEASE?!!! And he said I LOVE YOU to me first...again.  He also asked if when we came down for family meeting next weekend if we could go to lunch because he would assuredly be hungry. I don't need a reason to take my son to lunch... I SO MISS those days. The days when we would meet for lunch or dinner and just 'hang out'. Hang out and talk. Talk about everything. Talk about nothing. Talk.

I still pray. I pray every day. I pray this time is the last time he will need to go thru detox and rehab.

Time will tell. I HATE being patient. Patience is a virtue....one I have yet to learn. I am learning. I love my son.

1 comment:

  1. I also miss those carefree days of spending time together watching our Bears football games and Blackhawks hockey games. Laughing and talking and cheering. Such joy and simple good times. Seems so long ago....
    My daughter has given up all that used to interest her. Now all that interests her is using. At the cost of everything! She was in jail (I still can't believe it) for 45 days and made all kinds of promises to us all. After just getting out, right back to that loser she got mixed up with that started her and us all on this nitemare Rollercoaster. I miss my daughter. My sweet grandson misses his momma. God help her

    ReplyDelete