Blog Archive

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Resilient

My son's father was taken off of 24/7 dialysis to once a day to what the doctors hope to ultimately be zero dialysis. His breathing tube was taken out and he was slowly brought out of sedation. He is unable to talk yet as he is hoarse from the breathing tube but is responding appropriately to questions. They hope to release him within the next 2-3 weeks. Talk about resilient.

I am glad I chose to hold off on telling my son about this; about his father almost dyeing.  I will tell him when the time is right. Now is still not the right time.

I thought by raising my son by myself, with no interaction with his father, with the exception of a brief interaction when he was 18, that my son would not be subject to visual of watching his father's addiction to drugs, alcohol and abuse. If I could go back in time and change the way I did things. Yes. And no.  Unfortunately we don't get to go back in time and correct our mistakes. We can however learn from others. Learn from our mistakes. Always strive to do better. I will always be learning and striving to do the best I can. I pray the same for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment