Blog Archive

Saturday, July 8, 2017

25 & 90

Today is my son's 25th birthday. It also marks 90 days of sobriety. He will meet with his sponsor this morning to make sure he is working the plan. The LONG term plan. The plan for life. However working that plan means taking it one day at a time. I have also learned (and still learning more each day) that this IS my son's journey. That I have to allow him to struggle. To make mistakes. That I cannot pick him up when he falls or falls short. I CAN be there to support him with love and encouragement when he gets up from his fall.  It's not always easy to do, I struggle with it every day. BUT seeing my son grow and struggle and succeed is worth it. I love my son more than words can ever express and I sometimes (ok, a lot) wish that I could see into the future and know everything is going to be alright. However, whatever happens is in God's hands. Only He knows what the future holds. 


I have a small surprise birthday party planned for him today. Just a couple of his closest friends and his grandmama. I can already feel the love that will be there. Starting to tear up....good tears this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment