Blog Archive

Monday, July 24, 2017

Working

I don't even know where to start. It has been more than two weeks since my son's 90 days. I can't tell you how relieved I am and at the same time teetering on holding my breath, fearful that he will relapse. But with each new day, that fear lessens. It will never completely go away. 

My son is working in a commission only based sales job. The more he sells, the more he makes. He said he is making more money than he ever has before.  He is also taking on another job at night to keep busy. He is even starting to pay me back the money he owes. Willingly. He has even been hanging out with his old friends again. Friends who have watched him go thru this hell. Friends who never gave up on him. Friends who love him and have his back. 

I started reading John Quinones book Dreamland: The True Tales of America's Opiate Epidemic.  In the book, it states that the wife of the inventor of the hypodermic needle died from an overdose. Ironic. There is so much information as well as sadness in this book. 

I still pray. Everyday. Not only for my son, but for all addicts and their families. 


No comments:

Post a Comment